December is here and the semester is almost over! It's so crazy. I never thought this day would come, but the past four months came and went like a pile of kittens. So to commemorate this special moment in my life, I decided to make a list of important things I have learned.
1. I am addicted to peanut butter.
It's true. I went through a whole container in one month. It was one of the larger sizes of containers. I primarily eat it on toast, but ocasionally I'll have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich of just eat it straight out of container. Sorry Kaitie. I'm sure you're gagging by now.
2. Yes, it is possible to sleep in a closet.
Keep in mind, I have a really huge closet and I was 3/4 asleep. But when your roomates have a ton of friends over at 3:00 a.m. and you have class at 8:00, desperate means call for desperate measures. I don't know how I figured sleeping in the closet would drown them out, but it sort of worked. I slept in there for at least two hours.
3. Wifi signals are very sensitive
Literally, my computer won't pick up internet if I move it even one inch.
4. Tomato shortages are serious
You never want to be in a fast food kitchen when there is a tomato shortage. Yes, the managers were referring to our lack of tomatoes as a tomato shortage.
5. People feel good when you talk to them like their brain is the size a walnut
Seriously. When I'm talking to people at drive though, I feel like I'm talking to a five year old. Would you like me to wipe your butt with that? No.
6. I've gotten more guys here than I ever have in my whole life
I have no idea why.
7a. Living in Thatcher is like living in a hole where your only contact with the outside world is a single radio station that plays classic rock, pop music, and funk.
Oh. There are country stations. But thats just crap. The only decent station plays better crap. Well, I shouldn't say that because at least they have the decency to play classic rock and some strange techno stuff.
7b. When you feel like pulling a Vincent van Gogh because of the lack of good music...
...so you don't mind listening to staticy stations from the valley that only work when you're driving in a certain direction.
8. Intro to Theatre is so stupid
I was actually excited for this class. Apparently, the only reason the class exists is for all the annoying jocks to get their humanities credit. Since no one really cares about the class, the teacher doesn't even try to teach us anything. I feel like I'm filing away a bunch of useless information I'll never need. Unless I decide to one day go on Jeopardy and the "Double Jeopardy" question will be, "The acting method created by Konstantin Stanislavski." (The correct answer is "What is the Method?") {P.S. The picture is to prove the name of the method, "The Method" is stupid. Not me.}
9. Anybody will bum rides off of you
If word gets out that you are heading in the same place they would like to go, it doesn't matter how well you know the person. They will bum a ride off of you. Either because they don't have a vehicle of their own, or they want to save gas money. It's a great way to make new friends. {Note to readers: Never look up "hitch hiker" on Google Images. Apparently, people have fetishes for stranded people on highways.}
10. Don't make plans
They'll just change on you.
So there you go. I'm sure there are many more things I've learned, but I can't list them all.
12.03.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Looks like you've learned a lot in just a few months! College will do that for you! I can't believe you had to sleep in a closet! Wow... Aren't you glad the semester is almost over? I am!!! Love you!
I'm a loser and always forget to check your blog, I don't have a link to it! I can't wait for you to come back! Although it sounds like you have it made there with all the guys :) It's because you're HOT stuff!
Wow love your learnings. Glad I could be part of the reason you went there to learn that learnings.
Alicia you crack me up. haha
:D
Post a Comment